Launching Bay ROES - PC Users
Bay ROES requires Java from Sun Microsystems to run, and will automatically check to see if you have the proper version installed on your machine. To learn more about Java, click here.
- Visit the Bay ROES Launch Page on our website and click on the link provided, or click here to launch Bay ROES now.
- If you are on a PC and you do not have Java, Bay ROES will first download and run a Java Installer.
- Click on yes to install Java on your machine. When you click yes the system will then proceed to download the Java installer. This is a fairly large download and only happens the first time you run the application (unless you subsequently delete Java from your machine).
- When the installer is downloaded it will run and the installer's Welcome dialog will be presented.
- Click on the Next button to proceed with the installation. This will bring up the Java Licensing Agreement.
- Click the Yes button to agree to the license and proceed with the installation. The installer will then prompt you as to where you would like to install Java; offering you a default path.
- Select your destination and click the Next button. The installer will prompt you for which browsers the Java Plug-in should be the default Java runtime.
- Select the browser that you intend to use and click the Next button. At this point the installer will install all the necessary Java components into your system.
- When the application has been downloaded, Java Web Start will alert you to the fact that the application is requesting unrestricted access to your machine and ask you if you want to allow the application to run.
- In this case unrestricted access to your machine means that the application will be able to read and write files to your local machine. This is necessary for Bay ROES to read your image files, so click on the Start button to launch the application.
The second time that you launch Bay ROES, Java Web Start will ask if you would like to create shortcuts to the application. If you select YES, you can simply double-click on the shortcut to launch the application in the future. Now and again it is still a good idea to Launch the application from the Bay Photo web site.